PUBLIC HEARING ON BRIMBAL AVE DEVELOPMENT TRAFFIC IMPACT
TUESDAY JANUARY 13th at 7 p.m. BEVERLY SENIOR CENTER
The Beverly Planning Board has scheduled a Public Hearing to consider the impact of traffic from CEA Group’s proposal to build a 66,000 square foot Shopping Center on Brimbal Ave. This is our final opportunity to express our concerns about the impact this development will have on our neighborhoods. ( Planning Board Agenda 1.13.15 ) (the latest from Mayor Cahill: From Mayor Mike Cahill) Some things you need to know:
- The developer is seeking direct access to the Connector Rd. This will cause congestion beyond the rotary that will extend onto Route 128, especially during morning and evening commutes.
- A proposed entrance to the shopping Center on Sohier Rd will create traffic backups to Northridge Homes entrance and create a dangerous intersection that will result in dangerous U-turns.
- New proposals would add a signal at the intersection of Brimbal Ave and Colon St and the widening of Brimbal Ave at Essex St in response to the increased traffic caused by the shopping center.
- Increased traffic caused by the shopping center will reduce access to Beverly Hospital and delay police, fire and ambulance response times.
- The proposed Brimbal Ave entrance to the plaza requires left turns into the plaza without a signal even though eliminating unsignaled left turns was the main purpose for the re-design of Brimbal Ave.
- Traffic studies failed to consider the impact of the Music Theater events and the office buildings and parking for 1,000 cars at Cummings new development on Dunham Rd.
- An additional 370 vehicles per hour during weekday evening commute and an additional 548 vehicles per hour on Saturday afternoons will be added to Brimbal Ave. This shopping center will add 4,200 vehicles every weekday and 6,436 more vehicles every Saturday onto Brimbal Ave.
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND THIS IMPORTANT MEETING AND HELP PROTECT OUR NEIGHBORHOODS!!
If you can’t attend write to the Planning Board, 191 Cabot St., Beverly, MA 01915